Joints, tendons and muscles
• A decoction of the bark as a full or hip bath including a massage soothes inflammation of the joints, sciatic nerve and tendons.
• Katrafay oil in a massage 5-20% mixed with a vegetable oil like Moringa or Arnica. (If you do not exceed 20% essential oil in the total, you can add Wintergreen oil or Eucalyptus citriodora oil.)
• The Katrafay decoction used as a rinse after showering makes the skin soft and silky
• In case of psoriasis (5% Katrafay with 95% Calophyllum or St. John's wort vegetable oil) gently rub into the affected areas. Katrafay has a excellent ability to calm the nerve endings.
• The Katrafay decoction is used in Malagasy tradition to cleanse and disinfect the vaginal zone (
vaginal shower) and to close the cervix.
• In the same way, it is also used against venereal diseases by traditional healers.
As a strengthening tea and coffee substitute
Katrafay bark is one of the ingredients in the famous "Mangidy", the traditional , invigorating herbal tea, that is sold in the streets of Antananarivo (Katrafay, Lambojana, Aferotany). A study showed that Katrafay is a modulator of heart contraction and a good vasodilator. (RAZANADIMBY research)
• used against worm infestation and malaria
• enhances strength and potency
(In oncology and neurology studies have been done on Katrafay)
Link Arom & Sens Katrafay oil 5 or 30ml:
Link Arom & Sens Katrafay herbal tea:
Link Arom & Sens bath :